Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Ever Post

It's my first ever post, and where to begin? Now, to the confessional.



My husband is lazy. He barely works. We are on the verge of losing our home. I will not have a birthday party, or a decent holiday, seeing as that we have no money, we have to pay our rent, and bills, and we have yet to pay his cousin back for loaning us rent money. I hate myself for putting up with it. Now, I know the easy solution is to leave, but that won't change much. I'll still be broke, and then in addition, I'd be alone. I love my husband more than anything, but I'm terrified of what will happen if things don't change soon. He hasn't had a job in over a month. I work part time, but usually work 32-40 hours a week. I pay for our healthcare and dental. I've been paying our rent, and cable/phone/internet. We haven't paid our gas or electric in 5 months. They are going to get shut off here soon. I can't ask his family for help, because I've aided his charade, and they are under the impression that he's been working this whole time. I can't ask mine for help, because they think the same. Our friends are in the same boat. I don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I feel like Jenny from Forest Gump...

"Dear God, please make me a bird so I can fly far far away..."

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcome to the blog world. Sounds like you are having a very hard time right now. I hope things look up soon. Bloggin' is great therapy! Hope you enjoy it and it provides the outlet you are searching for.

Cynthia said...

I found your blog via Scrappys (I think). Oh hon, that's a HUGE burden on your shoulders right now. I'm so sorry you're coping with such large challenges at your young age. There's a great network of support out here in blogland. You can cry on our shoulders anytime.

I'm not going to give you any advice because you are smart enough to decide what is best in the situation and I'm sure you will. Still, we women need to mull things over and sort through them and blogs are a great way to do that.